Saturday, August 1, 2009

Card of the day - A road less travelled


Today's card is using black and white - I just love those colours. When I was about 15 I started wearing black clothes all the time and drove my mother mad as she very rarely wears black as she prefers pastel pinks and mauves. She couldn't understand why I would want to drape myself in head to toe Black.


Well 30 years later, I still wear black almost every day and my friends get shocked when I wear another colour. I can't understand personally - what's wrong with having 20 pairs of black trousers, 50 black jerseys and 50 pairs of black shoes. I must add though that in winter I do often add a coloured scarf. Another love I have, is my collection of BLING. A girl just can't live without her bling. I have 5 seperate leather chests of drawers with 4 drawers in each set in my bedroom full of bling - its all very well organized of course with each drawer having 3 trays in it. It's kind of a major decision each morning, what to choose.

This card uses an image from Rubber Romance and the words are from Great Impressions South Africa. If you are wanting to get hold of a Rubber Romance image you can get them from Ronita at Simply Creative who is part of RSA Group. They really are fabulous unmounted stamps - very girly images.

Onto a white base card, I layered black and black and white dot paper on the left hand side. I then stamped the main image using Black Brilliance ink pad onto white cardstock and trimmed to size and went around the edges with a silver pen. I then mounted it onto black cardstock with a silver clippola and added it to the cardfront. I then stamped the words using Black Brilliance again and added a white Prima Flower.

This image also makes me think of my dream car - an Audi TT. They are just so cute. One day....... Got to have a dream in order for a dream to come true. So keep dreaming everyone - its good for the soul as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment