Sunday, August 23, 2009

Papercraft CD's


Ok so this week I have chatted about Digital downloads and also downloads from the computer ie backing papers and the dotty dresses images. I thought to finish off on this subject, that today I would talk about some of the fabulous Papercrafting CD's available. There are several companies that offer wonderful CD's choc full of paper/images/decoupage/photographs etc that you can use in your cardmaking projects. Some of my favourite companies are
Obviously costs for printing out backing sheets/images is going to vary depending on what type of printer you use and your cartridge costs. I use an HP printer and I have worked out the cost to be approx R3.00 per color page. This doesn't include wear and tear on the machine itself of course. Some images can be printed using normal mode and for photographs I prefer printing on HP everyday photo paper at the best setting on the printer which does use more ink but you get fabulous realistic photos.
Another advantage to using CD's is that you can have lots and they are fairly easy to store - I probably have a 100 piled up on my desk and I use them a lot. I store them in clear DVD plastic covers and I print out my favourite sheet of backing paper from the CD and use that as a cover and then I label it on the side of the DVD with my Dymo. I always just seem to find the right paper on them that I am looking for and what I like as well is that you can easily colour match between patterns ie yesterdays card used 3 different patterns of turquoise paper from Pink Petticoat and the colours all match perfectly. I normally print backing paper on normal setting on my printer and just use plain photocopy paper so at around R3.00 per sheet it is a little bit cheaper than using scrapbook paper.
Today's card uses an image from a Joanna Sheen Baby CD. She is just so adorable I thought. I used white cardstock for my base and then took pink patterned scrapbook paper and went around the edges with a pink color box ink pad. I then took pink and white dot ribbon and attached it around the paper and then attached it all to the cardfront. I printed out Little angel image from the CD onto HP everyday photo paper and then went around the edges with silver pen and attached it to the cardfront. I then added some flowers with a jewel brad and a "girls" cardboard sticker.

No comments:

Post a Comment