Saturday, August 8, 2009

Card of the day - Dragonfly


I thought I would share this card with you today which was inspired by a Chunky book I did last year.
I used Stampers Anonymous Dragonfly stamp.The base card is Tan Confetti cardstock and then I stamped the Dragonfly once on cream cardstock using black brilliance ink pad and then again on gold cardstock. I trimmed the image on cream cardstock and then took Pritt and ran it around the edges of the image quite thickly and then poured on gold embossing powder and heat set. I then cut out just the wings and the circle from the image on gold cardstock and mounted those on top of the cream stamped image. I then mounted the image onto black and gold cardstock. I then repeatedly stamped the image onto the tan card and added the mounted image, a dragonfly charm and used by Dymo to do the word label. I love the rough effect you get when using Pritt to emboss. It really adds texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment