Monday, August 10, 2009

Celebrating Woman's Day


Happy Woman's Day everyone. I should have said that yesterday and posted this but with today being a Public Holiday one tends to think today is Woman's Day as well.
This card uses an image from B Line. Again I get the stamps from my friend Niki at Paperchain in Johannesburg. They are definately one of my favourite companies and have some stunning images and best of all they are unmounted so easy to store.
I used white cardstock for the base card. I then stamped the Corset collage twice on white cardstock and embossed with silver embossing powder. I then cut out just the corset of the second image and coloured it in with silver pencil and then mounted it onto the first complete image using mounting foam tape. I then went around the edges of the image with silver pen and mounted it onto black cardstock and then attached a clippola with some white organza sparkle ribbon and attached it to the card front. I went over certain areas of the image with Stickles glitter glue to highlight areas. I then added strip of braid flowers - they are so pretty - I got them from Delta Trim in Cape Town - I hope they have some more next time I go as I have nearly run out. I then added just a couple of clear rhinestones to finish the card off.
Again my favourite colours - black/white/silver. I do hope that everyone enjoys and makes the most of the rest of this Public Holiday today.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda, lovely cards! They will definitely keep me inspired! Hugs Ronita

    ReplyDelete