Monday, August 3, 2009

Card of the day - Hat lady


Today's card is using one of my favourite stamps from Buzz and Bloom in Australia. They have a range of girls in hats stamps that are truly gorgeous and they are unmounted so easy to store.


I have been very busy using hat stamps recently for an upcoming Hat and Hat Box Chunky book that I am participating in through the RSA group. Its due mid August and I can't wait to receive my book and see how everyone has interpreted the theme. Benice, the hostess, has already hosted two previous books in what is going to be a quartet - Lingerie book, Shoes and Handbags, Hats and Hat Boxes and the final one will be Dressmakers Mannequins. The first two are truly beautiful.

For this card, I stamped the lady in the hat image onto white cardstock using Black Brilliance ink pad and then trimmed to size and went around the edges with lime color box ink pad. I then coloured in using Radiant Pearls and added some black glitter to the hat band and punched out a small flower. I then mounted it onto black cardstock and then onto Scrapbook paper and finally onto my black card. I tend to use the size 15 x 15 for my base cards a lot. I really just feel comfortable with this size and it tends to suit my style. I then just added a Prima flower and a word charm.

I love hats and wish one had more opportunities to wear them these days.



No comments:

Post a Comment