Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mother and Child


Well its almost time to start thinking of Christmas cards. One has to start early as overseas posting dates are always jolly early. I also generally join RSA Christmas swap and this year we must make 20 or 21 cards. Nothing nicer than having your mantelpiece filled with cards at Christmas.
Here's a Christmas design that I did a few years back and it remains one of my favourite's. Love the colours - Black/White and Silver.
The stamp of Mother and Child is by Toybox and the snowflake stamps and words are by Hero arts.
I started with a black base card. I then stamped snowflakes randomly on front of card stock and embossed with white embossing powder. I then added strip of black and silver scroll paper to card front. I then stamped my image of mother and child with Memories Black dye ink onto glossy cardstock and trimmed it leaving a white border so that it looks like a photo. I then mounted it onto black cardstock and went around the edges with a silver pen and then mounted it to cardfront after tucking skeleton leaves in two corners. I then stamped wording onto vellum using black brilliance ink pad and mounted it to cardfront using vellum tape and then added Silver music note and some silver butterflies.

1 comment:

  1. I lovel this christmas card, and yes not too early to start thinking of these. Your blog is one of my first stops every morning, and appreciate the details you give. Warm wishes Ursula

    ReplyDelete