Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cherry Tilda


Today's card is a birthday card, I made for my friend Helen who celebrated her birthday this month. Isn't the little girl just gorgeous - makes me want to pick her up and eat her. She's Cherry Tilda from the Magnolia range of stamps.

I havn't been into cute stamps since I started stamping but have recently gotten into several cute ranges - Magnolia, Sarah Kay, The Greeting farm and Sugar Nellie. If you havn't come across these ranges before, do have a look - I find the http://www.7kidscollegefund.com/ website great. The new Sarah Kay stamps are just adorable and I can't wait for mine to arrive.

The card has a black cardstock base and then I used a layer of K and Co foiled scrapbook paper. (the bit that appears black above Tilda's head is actually gold foil - sorry it didn't scan very well and I am still perfecting my photography of cards)I stamped Cherry Tilda image onto cream cardstock and then cut her out and coloured her in with Copic markers. I then did the same for the chair she is sitting on. I then used one of my Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 2 and cut out black label and placed this behind the chair and behind that a strip of Bazzil cardstock that I embossed using a Cuttlebug folder in my big shot. Then I just added some prima flowers with a rhinestone centre and metal word saying Happy Birthday.

Her pigtails just do it for me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, she is just gorgeous Amanda!! I received my first Magnolia stamps over the weekend, so I have been in 7th heaven! Hop on over to my blog and have a look. Hope you have a lovely week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete