Monday, September 21, 2009

You've got mail - Paper Piecing Technique


Well this course I am doing on Paint Shop Pro with Marilyn made me think of this card.
It uses an image from one of my favourite companies - MFT (my favourite things) I just love their stamps. I also promised to share more techniques - so thought I would show you the Paper Piecing technique.
Materials: Black cardstock, white cardstock, red pattern scrapbook paper, Red Bazzil cardstock, Flowers, Red rhinestone, Silver ink pad, Black Brilliance ink pad, Stamps by MFT, Red color box ink pad, Cuttlebug numbers embossing folder, Big Shot
Technique: Paper piecing is a very easy technique and one that is ideal if you are not a fan of colouring in. Also ideal where you want say patterned dress like in the case of image above. All you do for Paper piecing is stamp your image onto cardstock as normal and then stamp image again onto patterned or coloured paper - you only need to stamp that area of the image that you want to cover ie the dress. You then cut out this image and attach it to the main stamped image. As easy as that. One can have a lot of fun using this technique to "colour" your images and it uses up lots of little scraps of paper which is great because I am sure their are others like me out there that can't bear throwing pieces of paper away.
Method for card: I took the Red cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot using Cuttlebug numbers embossing folder and then went around the edges with color box ink pad and attached it to the cardfront. I then attached strip of red pattern scrapbook paper. I stamped the words "You've got mail" using Silver inkpad onto strip of black cardstock and attached that to cardfront.
I stamped the main image onto white cardstock and then again onto red pattern cardstock using black brilliance ink pad. I cut out just the dress area from the red pattern cardstock and attached that to the image I stamped on white paper using Pritt. I then coloured the rest of the image using tombow pens and went around the edges with color box ink pad and mounted it onto black cardstock and then onto cardfront. To finish off the card I added some flowers with a red rhinestone in the centre.
Have a super duper week everyone - its always nice when we have a short week due to a Public Holiday - more time to play and stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment