Thursday, July 30, 2009

Card of the day - A Trip to Remember


Today's card combines two of my favourite topics - clothes and travel. I have worked in the Travel Industry for 27 years and have been lucky enough to have travelled the world. My favourite is cruising and I try to go on a cruise every year.
My last cruise was the Panama Canal in November last year with my friends Graham, Denver, Ray, Janice and Lester. We had a fabulous time and were gone for about a month. We started off in San Diego were I managed to find several very good craft shops and then we joined our cruise down the Mexican Riveria, through the Panama Canal and then back up through the Caribbean to Fort Lauderdale. We then drove down to Key West for a couple of days, followed by a couple of days in Miami South Beach and then up to Washington DC. Lots of shopping in Washington DC and then home just before Christmas. Wish my suitcase had been as small as this one. I ended up flying home from Washington with 84kg - mostly all crafting stuff I had bought in the States - not clothes.


For this card, I used scrapbook paper for the background and then took a mannequin die cut and stamped it with Hero Arts words and coloured it with Direct to Paper technique using color box ink pads. I then made the skirt from star ribbon and the waistband from Gold Magic tape. Around the bodice of the dress I wrapped some wool and then made a little necklace with beads. I then added a suitcase sticker and used my Dymo to add the word label - A trip to remember. I then added a couple of rhinestones and viola.

This card makes me want to pack up my bags and go travelling.


No comments:

Post a Comment